Sunday 19 June 2016

Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard

Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard


Published by: Tor
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Rating: four star

I absolutely love this book but I felt that there were moments that I wasn't too sure it deserved a five star rating. But I requested this, read it and then ordered the book so that means something right? Alright so I buy almost every book I review in a physical copy because I need to start my library somehow. You didn't come here to read that though so let's get to the review.

Dennard strikes rich in this book. She's created another fantastic series (Dennard wrote the highly successful Something Strange and Deadly Series) that has strong and impressionable female leads who make you laugh, smile and wish you could be them (minus the trouble of course). I was positioned to like both female characters, a rare thing but it was done so cleverly, and from there my life changed.

I was taken by the world in which they live in, their powers and how they came across using them. Safi and Iseult are very down to Earth, even Safi who is an aristocrat (not that you could tell). It was a very real and gritty tale that kept me on the tip of my toes as I tried to guess what the ending might be (a hint is that it is brilliant). But in the end I just went along with these two different women and rejoiced in the friendship they had. It was nice to see a bigger picture than two friends trying to escape the badguys and their futures.

I cannot wait for the next book. A huge thank you to Tor for letting me read this before the release date!!

Truthwitch can be bought from Amazon US and Amazon UK now.


No comments:

Post a Comment